Friday, February 10, 2012

3 in 30 update February 10

As this week draws to an end, I am glad to have it over. On Monday, our old dog died and as a result of that my days have been turned upside down. I started my "old habit" of grazing as a way to face the grief, but thanks to a book that a friend suggested I was able to recognize this behaviour and stop it, turning to God instead.

I did continue with my bible readings, which as been a blessing. It always is. I am about halfway through Joshua. I love that I pick this up and get lost in the words,

On Sunday I did the kickboxing video...and it did kick my butt! Altho I did exercize every day but yesterday, I was not able to keep up as I have not been sleeping well, waking during the night thinking the old girl needs out, which brings tears and takes a while to fall back to sleep. I was afraid of hurting myself by giving it my all when I am so overtired.

Yesterday our princess turned 10, so her mom came up early which took away my exercise time, but that was worth it, I had not planned on excersing that day.

I have done well on the internet, altho I did spend hours on it, it was focused with a purpose. We are planning a trip to San Diego in May, and over this past week, I have booked all our places to stay, preordered tickets for all the sights we want to see, as well as a list of other places for us to choose from should time permit. I have written out a list of foods to take and purchase there so that we are not eating out all the time, as well as found some quick stops on our way down there.

I have also found some sites that I will have the kids use to study some of the animals we shall see. For our princess, she wants to prelearn about Pandas and Flamingos, the little man wants to learn about dolphins, and the oldest about cheetahs.

4 comments:

dmauton said...

I am so sorry to hear about your doggie passing. I know that is so hard because they are members of the family. Praying for you.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear about your puppy.
I totally understand how hard it is to lose a member of your family.
Our kitty actually just went missing last night. This is totally out of character for her especially since we were dropping into the -30 celcius.

Meredith said...

I am so sorry for your loss, but I am THRILLED that you were able to stop the grazing your way through the pain and turn to God in the MIDDLE of it all... That is amazing, my friend!

Praying as you heal.

Tami @ This Mom's Delight said...

I'm sorry about your dog. Our loved Jetta passed on November 1st and it was so heart-breaking to go out into the back yard for several weeks.