Thursday, November 21, 2013

A grateful heart 931 to

On facebook I belong to a site called the Educational Freedom Coalition. The Author of this site has done a remarkable work contacting curriculum companies to get their stance on Common Core and the implentations of CC standards. It is a wonderful resource for choosing curriculums!

On this site, there are times when posts will be made regarding curriculums presented in public schools. One was on a history book that has an entire chapter dedicated to Islam, not only the Islamic empire, but the religion itself. A muslim stated that we were out of line with it being put in. I asked him if there was a chapter on Christianity or Judiasm. He went on to state that I did not want muslim history taught at all, totally taking my post out of context. I ended the discussion pointing out that if CC standard was separation of chuch and state (taken out of context) this should include all religion. I refused to discuss Christianity vs Islam.

That has caused me to reflect on my Lord and Saviour....

931. Jesus, thank you for giving your life for me.
932. Thank you for the Holy Spirit to guide me
933. thank your word that I may know you better
934. For Christian fellowship
935. for living in a country in which you were instrumental in founding (I only pray that you will correct this nation)
936. For the abilty to teach my 3 charges about you
937. for lessons I learn about who you are and who I am in you
938. for life itself
939. for the internet in which I can use as a tool to "prove all things" as you have admonished us to do
940. For wisdom that I knew when and how to quit this discussion.


No comments: